Monday, September 17, 2012

Week Fourteen

Wow, week fourteen! It's been such a long time making this film, but I'm finally about to start filming.
This week I will record the parts for the newsreader (Eliza) after school, and then on Saturday when the holidays start, the film shoot will fully begin!
The monday of this week is a day off, so I'm going to organise all of my props. I'll buy bottled water for the refugee camp scene, buy fabric to make Kate's dress, and anything else I may need.
I'm also planning to get my posters printed:

The red and yellow one is a propaganda poster that I will stick up on the wall during one of the scenes where Kate is walking down a street and she sees some looters, and the danger sign will be in the street when Kate is alone.
I made these posters in photoshop, the propaganda one I made by drawing the striped background, then with reference to a photo of an atomic bomb from an old war photo I drew the bomb, and the font I downloaded from dafont.
The Danger sign was simply this image, with some editing and then this font, also from dafont.

I'm going to use this pattern to make Kate's dress, although I will probably alter it to make sure it will look good and fit Kate well (and not be open at the back, as is sometimes the case with hospital gowns).
I think the only other major prop I need to organise is the photo montage which I will stick to a building.
This is the montage, so I'll get it printed a few times, and hopefully it'll look good even though I've only made one page. I'll also add some text with it saying "lest we forget" or something similar.
All photos came from stock.xchng
I filmed the news reporters parts with Eliza after school on Thursday and put the footage onto my computer.
On Friday night I took the family photo and made Kate's dress ready for filming to begin the next day, charged the camera and made sure everything was in order for filming to finally begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment